Guitar Sav
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeReviewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Custom Acoustic Guitars?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin
Admin

Custom Acoustic Guitars? Empty
PostSubject: Custom Acoustic Guitars?   Custom Acoustic Guitars? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:02 am

Anyone ever buy a Custom Acoustic? I'm kind of scared, because I want to buy a Martin, but at the same time I want a company that no one knows about! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://guitarsav.forumotion.com
JayMan

JayMan

PostSubject: Custom   Custom Acoustic Guitars? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 am

Hey Austin

Personally, I'd rather go for a well known brand when it comes to an acoustic especially if you're looking to upgrade. Except if you have a well established guitar maker making a custom guitar for you.

Acoustic guitars (I've found) play 'harder' than electrics. The only acoustic guitars I've tried out that are easier to play and get a good sound of is usually your well known brands (Gibson, Ibanez etc).

If you want to go one step further, you could always invest in a semi acoustic. I am saving up for a decent one of these at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Austin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom Acoustic Guitars?   Custom Acoustic Guitars? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 am

Okay so your thing is stay away from the custom built ones unless they are a well known custom builder ? That makes sense! Thanks Jay Man!
Back to top Go down
https://guitarsav.forumotion.com
JayMan

JayMan

PostSubject: Yep   Custom Acoustic Guitars? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 am

Yeah that's basically it. To simplify what I mean (cause I sometimes ramble on too much):

I'd rather go to Fender or Ibanez and have them build me a custom guitar than Mr. Yankadoodle around the corner.

This year I want my first decent acoustic guitar. I only have this crappy Sanchez guitar which sounds fine but playing it is an utter nightmare! Especially your F major bar chord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Acoustic Guitars?   Custom Acoustic Guitars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Acoustic Guitars?
Page 1 of 1