Guitar Sav
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeReviewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with BlackEye Effects!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austin
Admin

Interview with BlackEye Effects! Empty
PostSubject: Interview with BlackEye Effects!   Interview with BlackEye Effects! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am

1) When did you come up with the idea for Black Eye Effects?

#1 - I had the idea to start a pedal company last fall. The original plan was to build some simple pedals at cost, and receive no profit in doing it, in order to bless some people. I really enjoyed building the pedals and it was mainly a hobby at the time, so this seemed like a great idea.

2) When did you start making Pedals?

#2 - I began making pedals about 3 years ago. I had a delay pedal, and needed a tap tempo for it. After seeing some stuff online, this looked to be a fairly easy task. So, I went to RadioShack, got the cheapest soldering iron they had, picked up a plastic switch, plastic enclosure, jack, and some of the thickest, worst wire you've ever seen in your life. I built it, it worked. I was so pleased with myself, that it got me interested to start messing with other circuits. But that didn't happen for about a year and a half later.

3) What is the story behind the name Black Eye?

#3 - The name was a problem for me. When I initially decided to do this for real, I realized I would need a name & logo that I could use in order to market my products and get the word out. My brother goes to art college and played a key role in this. He helped to shoot down all of the awful and lame ideas I had, and he was the one to think of Blackeye Effects. He then also designed the logo, which I get compliments on all the time.

4) How many different pedals do you guys offer?

#4 - Right now we offer a lot of different pedals. There's a bunch of stuff on the site, and then a bunch of other stuff we could build, but just don't have the time to put it up on the site yet. The main products we sell are Buffers, Loopers, and Expression Wheels. Though I'm hoping with the new release of our Volume Pedal, it'll be a hit as well.

5) Where can we buy your product?

#5 - You can order through our website at BlackeyeEffects.BigCartel.com, or you can email us with ideas for custom things you don't see online. (BlackeyeEffects@yahoo.com)

6) Any new products coming out soon?

#6 - Yes! We just released our "MVP" or "Mighty Volume Pedal", and we also have a boost pedal in the works that you'll see available in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your time BlackEye Effects! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away!
Back to top Go down
https://guitarsav.forumotion.com

Interview with BlackEye Effects!
Page 1 of 1